Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Urban War Triads

If you follow my personal blog, then you'll know that a new game coming out onto the market has renewed my interest in sci-fi miniature gaming. which has of course directly led to me not only digging out my Void and Urban War minis, but also sitting down and painting a bunch of them. How many you ask? Well, to put it one way, I now have many many more Urban War and Void minis painted, based and ready to play than I ever did whilst I was regularly playing either of these games. 

That is indeed a good thing to my mind, as it has given me time to look again and appreciate anew these wonderful miniatures. One faction that I don't think ever got enough love back in the day were the Triads. The miniature for this faction were and still are so very different from all else that is out there. I do think that their rules let them down a little, and meant they didn't always get the love, but by taking on a new rule-set with them, I can rectify this, and give these wonderful miniatures the rules they deserve to have.

So, without further ado, I would like to present all in one place, my current selection of painted Triads for Urban War.










The only Triads I have left to paint are a couple more Sumotori, which I do intend to finish soon. My only regret is that I didn't buy more of these guys when I had the chance. Some of the sniper miniatures specifically are wonderful sculpts. Shame their rules sucked back in the day.

4 comments:

  1. Great to see these painted! Grendel still sell these minis though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know Grendel still sell them, but I used to live beside the Urban Mammoth store. Now I have to pay in Canadian dollars, plus shipping, which makes them more expensive is all.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic stuff! Nice colour schemes there and I like the different colours for the different retainer squads. Triads are my other force too although I've not got around to painting any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I figures they'd be a pretty colourful force, with different sub-gangs being represented in the same force. With the Shogun done, I only have 2 triad minis to left to paint, but even if the minis are nice, it takes the opportunity to put them on the table in anger to actually have the will to paint them. In my case the release of Rogue Stars was the impetus required.

      Delete