Friday, 13 January 2017

Urban War Viridians


Back in 2004 or so, when I was a resident of Edinburgh. I used to wander in to the bricks and mortar Urban mammoth store, as it was literally right round the corner from my flat. I was quite the regular, and through my many visits, I amassed a pile of minis for most of the factions for Urban War. The faction I played most was the Triads, but I picked quite a few minis for the Viridians as well. Not that I ever wanted to play them, but just because they looked so damned cool.

Skip forward 12 years or so, and I've finally got round to completing this group of Viridian Minis. These have all been posted individually over the years on my blog, but I thought it would be fun to share them all with you here now that I am done.

I'm not sure who the sculptor was for these minis but I'm pretty sure Kev White was something to do with some of them, and I would be very interested to find out for sure. So if anyone out there has more info on that, please let me know.









I am currently getting these minis prepped and painted for a new game, Rogue Stars. This is a SciFi games tames a squad of 4-5 figures per side. A little smaller than Urban War in scale, but the Urban War minis for the genre perfectly. This will also be used as an excuse to bring my Triads back to the front of the painting queue. Any game that lets us use or re-use these wonderful figures has to be a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see them all together. Might you add more at a later date? Also good to hear that these will be getting some use with Rogue Stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think that's all the Viridians I actually own for Urban war, though there may be some Void minis hiding somewhere. It was never my main force, I just loved these particular minis (and came across the HMG in a bargain bin). Rogue Stars will be giving many of my Void/UW minis a new lease of life on the table.

      Delete